Tips for success:
- It's recommended to join the video appointment a few minutes early to test your settings.
- Use only Chrome browser.
- To use a smartphone to join a video chat, you must first download Telehealth by Simple Practice (for iOS or Android) in the app store.
- To test your equipment and connection, use this quick Pre-call Tool.
- Quiet your surroundings, wind, loud pets, televisions or radios may interfere with quality.
- If you need to cancel or have questions about the appointment, please contact us at (239) 561-9955.
Using a desktop or laptop computer:
Here are the steps to join:
- Approximately 10 minutes before your appointment, you'll receive an email appointment reminder.
- Click the unique link sent to you in the reminder message. You may have to copy and paste the link into your web browser if clicking the link does not work. Your video call screen will now open in a new tab.
- Enter your name and click "join video call" (screenshot shown below)
- If I have already joined the call, you will see my face on the screen. If I have not, you will see a cartoon waiting room.
Using a smartphone or tablet:
If you plan to use a mobile device, here are the steps to join:
- Download Telehealth by Simple Practice (for iOS or Android) in the app store. Approximately 10 minutes before your appointment, you should receive an email appointment reminder.
- Open the reminder email on your device and click the unique link. This will open the Telehealth by Simple Practice app.
- Enter your name and click "join video call" and if I have already joined the call, you will see my face on the screen. If I have not, you will see a cartoon waiting room.
Note: There may be a slight delay for me to join the appointment if I am finishing with a previous appointment. Please be patient and I will join momentarily.
What should I do if I didn’t get the reminder with the link?
Contact me if you did not get the link so I can send it to you via email or secure messaging.
What is Simple Practice?
Simple Practice, LLC is my practice management software for scheduling, case management, and Telehealth, and therapy notes. Simple Practice, LLC, uses a HIPAA compliant software so your information will be securely kept.
What can I do to do improve the quality of the connection?
If you live in an area with slow internet, this can really affect the speed of your connection. Here are some basic steps that can improve the overall quality:
- Use wired Ethernet instead of wifi whenever possible. Wifi will work, but you may experience a lag and interference, which can make your video and audio choppy. If you experience a lag or interference while using Wifi, we recommend moving closer to your router. However, wired internet will give you a much smoother, more consistent experience.
- Test your internet connection speed. Google provides an easy way to test your internet connection directly from the google homepage. Simply search: internet speed test. Click the blue button that says Run Speed Test. If it is under 10mbps and you’re using wifi, try using a wired internet connection or restarting your router.
- Close other programs. If you have several programs running in the background, closing them will almost certainly improve the quality. Also, make sure you’re not downloading any large files.
If you are unable to connect, please contact me as soon as possible to see if I can help you troubleshoot.
How should I prepare my space for a Telehealth appointment?
- Identify a suitable room that is quiet, private, and free of distractions.
- Keep background noise to a minimum, make sure to close any doors, shut windows, turn off the television, and keep loud pets in another room if possible. Consider hanging a “Do Not Disturb” sign on the door to avoid interruptions.
Is Telehealth private?
Just like a face-to-face appointment, your Telehealth visit will be private and confidential.
Will the appointments be recorded?
None of our appointments will ever be recorded or stored. Likewise, by using our service you agree not to record or have other remote listening devices on during our session. Please disclose anyone in listening range of you.
Thank you for taking the time to review these instructions. As always, never hesitate to contact us for assistance! You may call (239) 561-9955.