If you use a smartphone or tablet to join a video session:
If you use a laptop or desktop computer to join a video session:
No app needed! Just click on the "join video session" link in your email and it will open automatically!
Now, let's get ready for our session:
- Approximately 15 minutes before your appointment, you'll receive an email/text appointment reminder with a unique link. Click the link and it will automatically open the app and insert the link for you.
- It's recommended to join the video appointment a few minutes early to test your settings.
- Quiet your surroundings, wind, loud pets, televisions or radios may interfere with quality.
- Turn off notifications and enable the “Do Not Disturb” function on your device so that your session is not disrupted.
- Please do not hold your device or rest it on your lap, but instead secure it on a stable surface throughout the session.
- Ensure that you are alone in a location with privacy (telehealth cannot occur while you are driving or in a public setting.)
- If I have already joined the call, you will see my face on the screen. If I have not, you will see a cartoon waiting room. Note: There may be a slight delay for me to join the appointment if I am finishing with a previous appointment. Please be patient and I will join momentarily.
If you have questions, please call the office at (239) 561-9955.
What should I do if I didn’t get the reminder with the link?
If you don't see the reminder email in your inbox, please check your spam folder (it's often found in there!) If you aren't receiving your email links to get into your portal, you can get a one time code from the front office over the phone. Call us at (239) 561-9955 and ask for assistance.
What can I do to do improve the quality of the connection?
If you live in an area with slow internet, this can really affect the speed of your connection. Here are some basic steps that can improve the overall quality:
***Restart your device. This resets which devices have recently used your internet, speakers or programs.
***Use wired Ethernet instead of wifi whenever possible. Wifi will work, but you may experience a lag and interference, which can make your video and audio choppy. If you experience a lag or interference while using Wifi, we recommend moving closer to your router. However, wired internet will give you a much smoother, more consistent experience.
***Test your internet connection speed. Google provides an easy way to test your internet connection directly from the google homepage. Simply search: internet speed test. Click the blue button that says Run Speed Test. If it is under 10mbps and you’re using wifi, try using a wired internet connection or restarting your router.
***Close other programs. If you have several programs running in the background, closing them will almost certainly improve the quality. Also, make sure you’re not downloading any large files.
If you are unable to connect, please contact me as soon as possible to see if I can help you troubleshoot.
Is Telehealth private?
Just like a face-to-face appointment, your Telehealth visit will be private and confidential. Ensure that you are alone in a location with privacy (telehealth cannot occur while you are driving or in a public setting.)
Will the appointments be recorded?
None of our appointments will ever be recorded or stored. Likewise, by using our service you agree not to record or have other remote listening devices on during our session.
Please disclose anyone who may be within listening range during your appointment.
Thank you for taking the time to review these instructions. As always, never hesitate to contact us for assistance! You may call (239) 561-9955.